STATEMENT OF INTENT
1. We recognise that certain groups and individuals in society experience negative discrimination.
2. People are discriminated against for a variety of reasons, including ethnicity, nationality, race, belief or religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, physical or mental disability, health status, marital or civil partnership status, trade union activity, pregnancy or maternity, caring responsibilities, age or class.
3. We believe that such discrimination is wrong.
4. We are committed to making sure that the Carers Centre provides equal opportunities and access to services for all.
5. We want to respond to the diverse needs of carers across Brighton and Hove, and we believe that we will be stronger as an organisation if we can attract and maintain a diverse team of staff, volunteers and management committee members.
6. We will do our best to ensure that those groups and individuals who are likely to experience discrimination receive fair treatment in terms of employment and services appropriate to their needs from the Carers Centre.
7. We will adopt active policies to take account of discrimination in society and in order to comply with the Equality Act 2010 and all other relevant legislation and codes of practice.
8. All staff, volunteers and members of the Management Committee must adhere to, and positively promote, the Carers Centre Equal Opportunities Policy.